Friday, May 21, 2010

Dambulla

The museum and Golden Buddha at the base of the mountain is like a carnival. The picture cannot capture how cheesy it is in person.


Dambulla is a series of caves with building facades built across the front of them. It creates an odd effect to walk through the doorway and find yourself in a cave; although, the inside of the caves are almost completely covered with paintings of the Buddha and such and filled with various Buddha statues, so they don't completely look like caves either.


My favorite ornamentation, a lotus pond. Can't believe I set down my bottle of EGB (Elephant Ginger Beer) in my own picture.


Often, I find the Bodhi Tree more grand that whatever else I've come to see.


And the view from the caves is also quite peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment